Saturday, October 11, 2014

Halloween Display for Jewelry or Other Items

Today I want to share a little project I created to use for a product display for my Halloween necklaces.  I love how it turned out and it was very easy, albeit a bit messy to do. 

I shared before how to make the wine bottle lamps here. 

Since I sell both pendant necklaces and wine bottle lights; I figured it was only fitting to create a display that highlights both.  I wanted the display to be cute and eye-catching, without taking away from the necklaces themselves.  This is what I came up with.

DIY Halloween Craft Ideas
Halloween Jewelry Display
So, what do you think? Cute or what :)

I got the hooks in the Christmas section of a local store.  I saw their curvy design and had to try something with them.  Originally I was going to use silver cup hooks, but these were SO much cuter. 

My husband took a piece of scrap wood and drilled a hole through the center with a spade bit just big enough for it to sit snugly on top of the bottle.  I then affixed the hooks with some E6 - which will bond anything (including fingers and clothes etc) but dries nice and clear. 

After the hooks were attached I sealed the whole piece to protect the paint from chipping etc.  I then broke out the hot glue gun and placed my owl, hat, skull and spider over the top in the center. 

The frosted look of the bottle is actually silver tissue paper that I Mod Podged onto the bottle.  It is semi-transparent and kind of crinkly on the bottle so it looks cool even when not lit. 

Not bad for a very inexpensive display huh?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment